Sunday 8 May 2011

INFORMAL LETTER

Dear Adib,

Thanks for your last letter. Sorry, I haven't written you for a long time because of some problems in the university and applying for a job. Now I'm a free to write. I've just come back from a holiday.

I went with my two friends to a cottage village that is a 100 km from the city centre of Moscow. When we arrived at our destination, we were very amazed by the local sights; it was beautiful everywhere.

But, the main surprise was the appearance of my former girlfriend with her husband; she married 2 months ago. She was my first and real love, I have always felt, and as a result I was depressed.

I was always searching, I wanted her to talk to, to listen to, to look into her eyes; if it had happened, I would have been the happiest man in the world. Can you imagine? It happened; I was thrilled. It was in the forest near the village; she was walking alone. She felt the same feelings as mine, I think. Our eyes met; we stood for a long time without saying any words; she was crying, and when I wanted to come and take her hands, she turned around and ran away.
On the following day, in the early morning, she left the cottage village with her husband.
Need I say anything about the importance of this meeting for me? I think I needn't.
In short I didn't enjoy that holiday; it made me sad.

Anyway I must finish this letter because that is all I want to write you.
I hope that everything is alright. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care and best wishes,
Nik Zhafran

No comments:

Post a Comment