Thursday 15 September 2011

A rainy day

Never before had I seen such a hot and sultry summer as this year. The temperature went up to 50C. Our world became a blazing furnace. Plants dried up. Animals became half dead and we were almost boiled up like potatoes. In the heart of hearts we prayed for rains. Instantly our prayer was granted.

On Saturday morning dark dense clouds came thundering on the sky. A cool breeze began to blow, lightning flashed in the sky. Peacocks began to scream and dance in gardens. Everyone welcomed the happy change with smiling faces.

AT 9 am I started for school. I had hardly gone 20 yards when a lovely shower began to fall on the way. Plants got a new life. Animals began to bind here and there. Cool raindrops gave a thrilling sensation to us. Nursed by the first rains our earth grew happy like a baby in the mother’s lap.

My school was still a furlong away. All of a sudden it began to rain in torrents, I had no umbrella so I was eventually drenched to the skin. The cool refreshing bath delighted me still more. I was not able to walk properly for the earth became slippery and muddy. The cyclists splashed mud and water as they passed. Like the wealth of mean sallow water began to flow swiftly in several streams. Some boys made paper boats and put them on the running currents. What a splendid fun it was!

As I had expected the school was closed. Therefore, some of my friends decided to enjoy a mango party. We proceeded towards the orchid, enjoying overflowing ponds, nicely colored rainbow in the sky. Soon we were in the garden, the mangoes were lying in large numbers. Who could miss such a chance? We began to enjoy the delicious taste of this divine fruit. Among jokes and leasing talks we had a remarkably wonderful time.

A rainy day is pleasing to all except those separated from their sweet hearts. For them rainbow loses its charm. Cool winds bites sharply. Raindrops prick like arrows. But is especially sweet to the peasants. For me it was sweeter still.

No comments:

Post a Comment